Many people have turned to their yards as a means of better utilizing their living space. However, many of these homeowners may not have originally given a lot of thought and planning to the lighting of their outdoor spaces. Purposefully planned lighting is a great way to turn a mediocre yard into a beautiful one that is especially user-friendly. Here are some ideas for improving your landscape lighting:
- Common areas: A beautiful outdoor light fixture can be a great focus piece as well as very practical in areas you use as a gathering space. You can also make it even more useful during warm summer months with an outdoor ceiling fan.
- Lighting a path: Installing a few lights along a path can create a charming and romantic feel, while also making it safer for you to walk on the path with greater visibility.
- Security lights: Motion-sensor lights make it safer for you when you need to make a quick trip outside, as well as alert you to any intruders who may be on your property.
- Pool and water feature lighting: Keeping your pool visible makes it easier to enjoy for more hours of the day and makes it safer to walk past after dark. You can also have fun with the mood of a party by opting for colorful lighting.
- Highlight beautiful gardens: If you have a beautiful garden, why not show it off even after the sun goes down? Subtle but strategically placed landscape lighting can help draw the eye to your favorite parts of your yard.
Contact us to discuss more ideas on how our team at Buckingham Electric Inc. can help you improve your yard with landscape lighting.